Thursday 24 May 2018

Starstruck

I got the most pleasant surprise the other day.

After I published my previous blog entry, Communications and Old Media, I tweeted the link to it and hashtagged #tanglinch5, which is used to collate all the tweets about the local television drama serial that I wrote about in the post.

Imagine my shock when none other than Kathleen Beedles liked and retweeted my tweet, and left a reply thanking me for my support! I almost fainted on the spot.

Wait, what is that you asked? Who is Kathleen Beedles? Well, "only" the Supervising Producer of Tanglin, my favourite TV show!

Oh, and she is British, which makes her even more awesome, because Pinkerton.

Besides Tanglin, she has worked on a host of other television series in the United Kingdom including famous ones like EastEnders and Coronation Street, according to the Internet Movie Database, Wikipedia, and her personal website.

It is indeed such a coup that Mediacorp Channel 5 was able to get her on board when Tanglin was being created.

The infamous foreign talent policy the Singapore government is so fond of does not always work as advertised, but this is one occasion when it has borne fruit spectacularly.

Ms Beedles' expertise brings that extra dose of quality to the show that enriches the viewing experience.

And the ultimate beneficiary: me!

No comments:

Post a Comment