Friday 20 July 2018

A new look for Jonathan's Junkyard

I have added some new features to this blog. Below is a summary of what's changed.
  1. I have added two new pages to the top menu. "How to subscribe" gives step-by-step instructions with accompanying screenshots for people who want to subscribe to my blog's automated email update service to follow. "Contact" contains details about my other social media channels where people can message me directly if they wish.
  2. I redesigned the visual elements of the site, including tweaks to the colours, fonts, and backgrounds of almost everything. The site should look more attention-grabbing and eye-catching now. Readability should also be improved.
  3. The reading area is now much wider than before and the right margin has been compressed slightly. Better legibility of the main post content should be the result.
  4. There is now a Pac-Man game embedded at the bottom of the site. It runs on Flash and is taken from https://www.freeonlinegames.com/. If your browser blocks Flash by default or if you are using mobile, the game will not work. I put the game there just to liven my blog up a bit with some interactivity. Besides, I wanted to play around with HTML code. I had a few problems but I managed to get the game to appear and run properly in the end. I'm so proud of myself.
I hope you enjoy the new user experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment