Thursday 12 July 2018

Some small updates about this blog

This is a short post. It's mainly a public service announcement about a couple of things I wanted to highlight about my blog site.

  1. On the right margin, below the blog archive and labels, you can now see a feed from my Twitter. Twitter is sometimes referred to as a microblogging platform, and that's exactly how I use it. Check out the feed regularly to see the little quirky observations or interesting things that happen to me that aren't major enough to warrant a full post of their own on this blog. I'm very proud of myself for setting up that feed. Google helped by telling me what to do, but I still had to do the actual work of getting Twitter to generate the HTML code for my profile, then copy and paste the code into the right box in Blogger.
  2. My module reviews continue to far outperform anything else on my blog. Other university-related posts also do quite well. I think people search for terms like "S/U", "major", and stuff like that, and my posts containing those keywords probably pop up in the results. Perhaps I should blatantly seed all my posts, including those that have nothing to do with university, with those keywords...
That's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment